RWCLL revised the League schedule to take into account the school district cleaning up the baseball fields, as well as the upcoming Mid-Winter Break for RCSD schools.
With that said, they pushed the Coaches Clinic to Saturday February 18th 9am-10:30am at Henry Ford, for those of you interested in attending. I spoke with our coach, Sergio, this morning and he is planning to attend, but I want to encourage anyone who wants to volunteer this year to register through the website and to attend the clinic, if they can.
The start of practices has also been pushed to begin the week of February 27th, giving each team 3 practices before Opening Day games on March 11th.
Updated Dates/General Schedule of Season Events:
- Equipment Swap Day: Saturday, February 11th 9:00am
- Coaches Clinic: Saturday, February 18th 9:00am - 10:30am @ Henry Ford
This is for all Managers/Coaches/Assitant Coaches/Parent Volunteers. They will discuss expectations (player, coach, parent) at the Tee Ball level, practice plans & game flow and review field maintenance (dragging, chalking, etc)
- Practice Begins: week of February 27th, giving each team 2 weekday and one Satruday prior to Opening Day (practices schedules are expected to be published in the next couple of days)
- Opening Day: Saturday March 11, 2023 (One 60 minute game, and Saturday practices are discountinued)
- Final Game: TBD, expect end of May/early June
- All League Game: Championship Saturday: June 10th (2 players from each team will participate in an All League game to wrap up the season)
Our Teams practice and game schedule will be as follows:
Wednesday, March 1st 5:15-6pm @ Roosevelt (TBall) - First Practice
Saturday March 4th @ 11:30am @ Roosevelt (TBall)
Wednesday, March 8th 5:15-6pm @ Roosevelt (TBall)
Saturday, March 11th - Opening Day, First Game Time TBD
Technically we have the fields for 1 hour at our practice times, (5-6pm for Wednesdays and 11:30-12:30pm for our one Saturday practice). I was told the kids at this stage are only expected to do a 45-60 minutes practice and I felt 45 minutes would be sufficient, which will hopefully allow everyone to handle picking up their kid and getting to the fields in time for a 5:15pm start, let me know if anyone disagrees with this.
Please reach out if you have any questions. This is my first time doing TBall so I am sure there will be things I can improve on as the season kicks off, just let me know.