Hi Team, welcome to the 2022 Season of Redwood City Little League!
I am Oak Barrett, and along with Colton Daines we will be coaching your daughters and sons this Spring 2022 Season of (AAA) Introduction to Kid Pitch.
Colton and I both grew up playing Little League in Redwood City, our families are deeply rooted in this town and we are honored that we get to coach your athletes this spring.
We both coached (AAA) last year (on opposing teams), but this year we joined forces and are excited to teach those coming up from (AA), those returing from (AAA) those brand new to baseball on the field and learning how to get better at this game...
We will have a parent meeting in the coming weeks to set expectations for all, but at a high level we will focus on a handful of areas this season:
- respect of teammates, opponents, umpires and the game of baseball
- physical and mental wellbeing of the players
- the fundamentals of how to play this game
- fun.. we will have fun!
Our first practice is scheduled for this Saturday Feb. 5th, 10:30am - 12:00pm at Kennedy Middle School.
We will get the teammates introduced, and go through some basic drills to evaluate where the skilll level of the team is at, and what type of practice plans Colton and I will put together to get each player better this season.
For those not familar with the field and Kennedy Middle School, it is best accessed at the corner of Goodwin and Maddux.. (not Washington/Maddux).
Our full team schedule, roster, etc... can be found on our team page of the
RWCLL website: https://www.leagueathletics.com/Bulletins.asp?MyTeam=994949&org=rwcll.org
While our first gameis a month away, we will have 3 practices a week to get ready for the Spring Season.
- Monday's will typically be field practices at Kennedy (focus on throwing, infield, outfield, pitching, base running, maybe some hitting)
- Friday's will be Batting Cage practices at Red Morton Park (focus hitting... with some pitching and fielding)
- Saturdays will be field practices at Kennedy, only until games begin next month.... then Saturdays are game days.
Family supplied equipment: (if you are missing any of this for Saturday, please still come to practice)
- Batting Helmet
- Bat (Optional, but prefered: if you do not have a bat, please wait on purchasing... i have a few to try out and you can see what size fits your athlete the best... and i bring those to practices and games for use)
- Cleats (no metal spikes)
- Protective cup (boys)
- Batting gloves (optional)
- Sweathshirt/Jacket during cool temps
League supplied equipment:
- hat, jersey, belt, socks
- pants: game pants will be available at Goetz Bros. Sporting Goods in San Carlos in the coming weeks
- team parents
- umpire advocates
- assistant coaches (we have 12 kids on the team... if we can have 4 coaches with 3 kids per practice drill, the amount of repititions and pracitces these kids will get will be amazing... 2 coaches / 12 kids... not as amazing... please help, Colton and I will provide all the guidance you need.... we just need volunteers.)
- field preperation / clean up crews (the infield needs prep before / after each practice and game, dragging, chalking, watering, etc... ... the more time spent by the coaches, the less time spent with kids)
You are unable to be on the playing field or interact with the kids during practices/games if you are not registered with RWCLL.
It takes a few minutes, please do so..
Please help the team out and register to volunteer: https://www.leagueathletics.com/Registration/Restrictions.asp?RegID=309851&n=61829&org=rwcll.org
Thanks y'all... we look forward to meeting the 2022 team!
Coach Oak & Coach Colton