Hi team! Here are the latest updates:
1) Upcoming Practices & Opening Day
Our first practice will be on Sat, March 20 (time TBD). Thereafter, we will have one practice during each week followed by games on Saturdays. Opening Day (1st game) is confirmed for Sat, March 27. The game schedule (for at least the first game) should be released this weekend.
All practices & games will be at Henry Ford Elementary (close to Lucky). For practices, please note that up to 3 teams at a time may be using the school grounds (dirt diamond, grass "diamond" in left field, and grass area in right field).
2) Introducing Coach Adam (note: volunteers are still needed :) )
Adam Medina has graciously volunteered to serve as our Assistant Coach. Adam and his son Wyatt are excited to kick off the season. Thanks very much, Adam!
Resharing from my last update: In T-Ball, parental involvement is critical. We will need help from many parents during practices and games. It's fun, easy, and no baseball experience is necessary! If you have not already done so, please register as a volunteer on the rwcll.org website so that you can assist the team as needed this year.
3) Attendance Protocol
Parents must keep SportsSignUp Play app attendance accurate and up to date for all practice and game sessions. Redwood City Little League is required to keep a daily recorded log of players that enter fields for practices/games as a means of facilitating contact tracing in the event of potential exposure.
App link (works on phones only): https://static.sportssignup.com/magiclink.html?token=f8abcce3-a783-403f-825b-99ddac05e151&app=siplay
4) Key COVID Protocol Notes
- Please evaluate the health of your child before attending events as per the RWCLL COVID Protocol.
- All kids, parents, and coaches should bring and wear a mask at all times, including during practice and times of heavy exertion (as tolerated).
- We will have hand sanitizer, disinfectant, and extra facing coverings available as necessary.
- No sharing equipment, including helmets. Bats may be shared but a volunteer must sanitize them between uses (we have two league provided bats if necessary).
- See Attendance Protocol above (item #3)
- Social distancing of 6 feet to be maintained wherever possible.
- No team snacks this year, but each player may bring their own individually packaged snacks / drinks. No sharing of water bottles.
- Players with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, or suspected or confirmed cases in the household or from close contacts must be reported to Coach Tom or Coach Adam.
- For reference, here is the full RWCLL COVID protocol doc: http://files.leagueathletics.com/Images/Club/13834/RWCLL%202021%20Covid-19%20Safety%20&%20Procedures%20Manual%20(Final%20Copy%20Version%201.2).pdf
Coach Adam and I are excited to meet everyone on Saturday!